HRIS – Change Management
Mandate and Challenge
To standardize its different HR systems and improve its processes, our client, a leading company in the agri‑food industry, wanted to adopt a standardized human capital solution within its Canadian and American divisions. As is the case when any systems and process changes are implemented, the success of the project depended on user adoption. That is why Talsom was mandated to develop the change management plan and to manage the different activities associated with it as well as the local change management team. This included the preparation of a detailed analysis of stakeholders and impacts it would have on them, in addition to a communications, training, support and transition plan. Talsom also accompanied management throughout the process.
More than 10,000 affected employees in Canada and the United States.
More than 40 sites and factories.
“Big Bang” implementation.
Duration of Talsom’s involvement: 6 months.
Needs and Objectives
- Provide a solution for managing HR data and activities that is intuitive, secure and easy to access (at all times via the Internet).
- Improve and standardize HR processes within the business.
- Integrate pay processing (previously completed by an external body) with the client’s internal HR activities.
- Reduce inefficient processes and onerous administrative workload, in particular as regards document management.
- Offer greater autonomy to managers and employees by giving them the option to manage their personal profile, consult their pay stubs directly online and to complete requests for leaves of absence.
- Improve three-directional communication among HR professionals, managers and employees for all HR-related requests.
- Substantially reduce paper consumption.
- Use analytical tools to generate more effective projections concerning the management of human capital.
Our client selected Workday as its new human capital management system. Workday is a cloud-based solution, meaning it is accessible from any device that has an Internet connection. Workday is an intuitive, easy-to-use tool that offers a number of features including the management of employee benefits, pay, leaves of absence, compensation and employee performance. This system also generates a number of reports that are useful for the strategic planning of HR and managers.