Internship - Management Consulting
Talsom is seeking extraordinary interns eager to experience an out-of-the-ordinary internship. Are you up to the challenge?
|Early bird round
Get ahead of the curve and confirm your summer internship earlier. Apply now to be considered for the early bird round.
Early bird deadline: Thursday November 22, 2018, 11:59pm
Regular deadline : Tuesday January 15, 2019; 11 :59pm
The impact of this role
At first glance one might think that the impact of an intern in an organization is minimal. This won’t be the case at Talsom. In addition to impacting clients through the realization of consulting mandates, we trust our trainees to deliver key projects within Talsom.
You will be happy here if…
You are curious, passionate about what you do, and have an appetite for learning. Your friends may not completely understand your passion of the moment, but you still like to share your latest finds on topics like Blockchain technology, new business models, design thinking, supply chain or otherwise.
Consulting experience :
You will have the opportunity to experience the consulting profession by participating in the delivery of various mandates for Talsom’s clients in various industries with experienced consultants.
Examples of possible contributions :
- Evaluate a client’s markets against their strategic IT choices
- Research technological trends related to a mandate
- Make recommendations regarding the technologies to adopt
- Estimate cost ranges when adopting a new system
- Evaluate the positioning of technologies according to innovation cycles
- Propose technologies adapted to a client’s organizational priorities
- Target a customer’s innovation initiatives to formulate them as a mandate offer
- Identify opportunities and threats to the evolution and adoption of technologies at a client site
During your internship you will also be expected to contribute to the growth and advancement of Talsom by working on various internal projects.
In the past, our trainees have worked on projects in a variety of subjects and disciplines including strategy, project management, change management and more. Projects are determined taking into account both the needs of the business and your interests. Do you have an idea, a passion? Let us know!
For example; past interns have worked on the following projects:
- Elaboration of the firm’s growth strategy
- Market research related to a new service offering
- Creation of a project management office
- Elaboration of a digital marketing strategy
- You are enrolled in a graduate university program (Master’s degree, MBA, PhD)
- You have a great autonomy coupled with a strong team spirit
- You master the Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- You’re bilingual (French, English)
- You have strong skills in research, analysis, and communication
- You have a strong interest in management consulting and new trends in technology. You understand the impact of these technologies on
- different business models and want to work at the heart of the digital transformation.
- You adhere to the values of Talsom
The work environment
During your internship you will have the opportunity to connect with colleagues at all levels, from interns to members of the leadership team.
When not working from your client’s office, you will typically work from our offices in an historic building in the old port of Montreal. In all cases, you can expect to work with brilliant professionals in a friendly, yet challenging work environment.
TALSOM is a technology management consulting firm. Based in Montreal, we help companies achieve their goals by creating a positive impact with technology. Our service offering focuses on strategic architecture support, technology project leadership, and change management.
Work location: Montreal, Canada
Start date: May 2019
Job duration: 4 months
Job type: paid internship
Work schedule: 40 hours per week
Academic requirements: we can accommodate various types of academic requirements (example : supervised projects) but it is not mandatory to obtain credits to be eligible for this opportunity.
For questions: email@example.com
HOW TECHNOLOGY-DRIVEN ARE YOU?
We are continually seeking new talents who are inspired to join our team. If you have prior consulting and management related experience, don’t hesitate to reach out!